Job DescriptionJob Purpose
Provide efficient and effective support in delivery of financial services by processing of finance data as well as maintaining financial records of the organization.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
• Checking correctness and authenticity of requests for payments.
• Processing payments (preparation of cheques and direct bank transfers), including:
a. Compiling payment requests for weekly run.
b. Ensuring completeness in the weekly payment run listing ready for submission to bank
c. Staff travel expenses (reviewing and reconciling receipts)
d. Programme expenditure (workshop expenses such as bus fare re-imbursements
e. Handling petty cash transactions
• Weekly data input of income & expenditure into the financial systems (Financial Force).
• Preparation of weekly cash requests.
• Maintain petty cash on an imprest system.
• Preparation of weekly bank reconciliations.
• Review and process financial reports from districts and other partners.
• Ensuring that all financial records are properly filed, labeled and safely stored.
• Fixed asset register maintenance and calculation of depreciation.
• Verification of fixed assets.
• Assist in the monthly analysis of ledger balances.
• Assisting in the preparation of quarterly and year-end accounts as well as audit process.
• Any other duties as assigned by line manager or Senior Management Team
• Bachelor degree Accounting, Finance or related field from Reputable University
• Qualified with CA, ACCA, CPA
• Ms. Office applications (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook) and experience in accounting package
software is a must.
• Minimum 1 year working experience in similar role.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Must be good in tally.
• Good communication skills
• Able to work long hours
• Speak English and Kiswahili language
• Flexible, reliable, hard worker, adaptable, responsible and Team player
Skills and Qualifications
|Job Ref: JOB5053||Years of Experience: 1-10|
|Job Location: Dar es Salaam,Tanzania||Residence Location:|
|Company Industry: Banking||Gender: Unspecified|
|Job Role: Accounting/Banking/Finance||Nationality: Unspecified|
|Employment Status: Full Time||Education: Bachelor's degree|
|Employment Type: Employee|
|Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified|
|Number of Vacancies: 1|