Job DescriptionJOB POSITION: ADVOCATE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Advise clients concerning business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations.
• Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.
• Analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
• Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
• Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
• Represent the company in court or before government agencies.
• Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
• Prepare and draft legal documents, such as patent applications, mortgages, leases, contracts etc.
• Prepare legal briefs and opinions, to be presented to the management.
• Negotiate settlements of civil disputes.
• Confer with colleagues with specialties in appropriate areas of legal issue to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings.
• Search for and examine public and other legal records to write opinions or establish ownership.
• Supervise legal assistants.
• Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law.
• Holder of a LL.B (Bachelor of Laws)
• 1 years of experience
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Quick learner who can work under minimum supervision.
• Must have sufficient knowledge of all legal regulations in Tanzania.
• Must display flexibility in day to day work.
• Adequate knowledge in standard computer applications
Skills and Qualifications
|Job Ref: JOB5064||Years of Experience: 1-37|
|Job Location: Dar es Salaam,Tanzania||Residence Location:|
|Company Industry: Manufacturing and Production||Gender: Unspecified|
|Job Role: Law/Legal||Nationality: Unspecified|
|Employment Status: Full Time||Education: Bachelor's degree|
|Employment Type: Employee|
|Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified|
|Number of Vacancies: 2|