Job DescriptionOur Client, an all Villa Resort Located on the stunning white sandy beach, on the South East Coast of Zanzibar Island is seeking to recruit a Detail-Oriented Senior Accountant to be part of their Finance Team.
Oversee all of the financial activities; including the preparation of financial reports and forecasts for future business growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the below:
• Manage all day to day accounting operations of the company ensuring that correct transactions are posted in the system in a timely and accurate manner.
• Prepare monthly financial reports (Balance sheet, P&L, Cash flow statement etc.) on company performance, and ensure any issues are investigated and explained.
• Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
• Ensure that the company is fully compliant with all tax and financial obligations as per the legislation and regulations of Zanzibar/Tanzania. Engage third parties to provide assistance as and when necessary.
• Implement a strict internal control framework, with adequate checks and balances, to mitigate against the risk of fraud or error.
• Payroll & Payroll-Statutory' Management
• Be an integral part of the monthly financial stock takes and investigate all variances which arise and explain these to management.
• Support negotiations with suppliers in an effort to grow the company's gross margin.
• Analyze transaction data and make recommendations on general business optimization.
• Motivate and lead finance team members by providing training, guidance, and direction to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely, and knowledgeable manner.
• Develop and track department key performance indicators and provide regular feedback to the team on these and any areas in need of improvement.
• Manage the annual external audit and present the draft audited accounts to the Board of Directors for review and sign off.
• Prepare weekly lists of payment runs for approval by the Directors.
Skills and QualificationsQualifications:
• Bachelor Degree in Finance/ Accounting plus CPA (T)
• At least 6+ overall experience in finance
• 3+ years' proven working experience as a Senior Accountant or higher level.
• Fully qualified and member of NBAA.
To be successful in this role, you must be:
• Attentive to detail and have exceptional organizational skills
• Able to think critically and appraise policies and procedures and make suggestions for improvements.
• Adaptable and flexible with the ability to drive change and transformation.
• Committed to professional values and work ethics with a high sense of integrity
• Able to lead, motivate and bring the best out of a team of professionals
|Job Ref: JOB5070||Years of Experience: 6-15|
|Job Location: Zanzibar,Tanzania||Residence Location:|
|Company Industry: Accounting/Auditing||Gender: Unspecified|
|Job Role: Accounting/Banking/Finance||Nationality: Unspecified|
|Employment Status: Full Time||Education: Bachelor's degree|
|Employment Type: Employee|
|Monthly Salary Range: 1000-800USD|
|Number of Vacancies: 2|