Job DescriptionDuties and Responsibilities
• Direct activities related to dispatching, routing, tracking transportation vehicles.
• Plan, organize and manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements
• Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer or shippers complaints.
• Collaborate with other Managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies procedures goals and objectives Analyze expenditures and other financial information to develop plans, policies, or budgets for increasing profits or improving services.
• Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, union contracts, and government regulations.
• Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
• Set operations policies and standards, including determining safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods.
• Prepare Management recommendations, such as proposed fee and tariff increases or schedule changes.
• Conduct Employee training sessions on subjects such as hazardous material handling, employee orientation, quality improvement, or computer use.
• Direct and coordinate, through subordinates, activities of operations department to obtain use of equipment, facilities, and Human Resources.
• Negotiate and authorize contracts with equipment and materials suppliers, and monitor contract fulfillment.
• Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members.
• Direct activities of staff performing repairs and maintenance to equipment, vehicles, and facilities.
• Conduct investigations in cooperation with government agencies to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures.
• Participate in union contract negotiations and settlements of grievances.
• Perform other duties, responsibilities and activities as assigned by Management
• Diploma or Degree in Transportation and Logistics Management
• Two years’ experience in Dispatcher post or related position
• Working in the Transportation firm before will be an added advantage
• Fluent in English
Skills and Qualifications
|Job Ref: JOB5079||Years of Experience: 2-19|
|Job Location: Dar es Salaam,Tanzania||Residence Location:|
|Company Industry: Transportation||Gender: Unspecified|
|Job Role: Logistics||Nationality: Unspecified|
|Employment Status: Full Time||Education: Diploma|
|Employment Type: Employee|
|Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified|
|Number of Vacancies: 1|