Job DescriptionResponsibilities and main duties
• Strategically plan and manage logistics, transportation and customer services
• Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
• Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
• Arrange catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
• Resolve any arising problems or complaints
• Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
• Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
• Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
• Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
• Directing all transportation activities.
• Monitoring transport costs.
• Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
• Dealing with the effects of congestion.
• Confronting climate change issues by implementing transport strategies and monitoring an organization’s carbon footprint
• Request for Proforma Invoices from Overseas Suppliers
• Processing of Overseas Purchase orders
• Placing of orders with Suppliers from overseas
• Expediting/routine follow up on status of goods to ensure that suppliers meet delivery promises
• Minimum diploma in procurement, supplies and logistics or any related field
• Proven working experience as a logistics manager with 3 years of experience
• Record of successful distribution and logistics management
• Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
Skills and Qualifications
|Job Ref: JOB5104||Years of Experience: 3-37|
|Job Location: Dar es Salaam,Tanzania||Residence Location:|
|Company Industry: Clearing and Forwading||Gender: Unspecified|
|Job Role: Logistics||Nationality: Unspecified|
|Employment Status: Full Time||Education: Diploma|
|Employment Type: Employee|
|Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified|
|Number of Vacancies: 1|