• This position is responsible for securely transporting detainees between destinations and ensuring that the vehicles used for transportation activities are safe and properly maintained.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducts pre-trip, during-trip, and post-trip inspections of all vehicles operated. Provides written Daily Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR) at the end of each trip or shift and ensures that all potential safety defects are reported to the Transportation Supervisor.
• Ensures that all permits and licenses are in order before beginning a trip. Notifies the Transportation Manager if there are problems before initiating a trip.
• Ensures that vehicles have the necessary safety equipment before initiating a trip. Notifies the Transportation Manager if there are problems before initiating a trip.
• Completes all necessary paperwork and reports in an accurate and thorough manner. Ensures that all reports are turned into the facility according to described policies and procedures.
• Ensures that detainees are properly secured prior to leaving a facility and while in a vehicle. Ensures that all paperwork is obtained and completely accurately and thoroughly when obtaining detainees at a facility and delivering them to their appropriate destinations.
• Ensures that all safety measures are followed at all time while transporting detainees, including but not limited, to all application federal, the region, municipal and organizational laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Immediately contacts safety authorizations and facility management in the event of an accident. Provides detailed information, both verbally and written, to requesting authorities.
• Delivers vehicles for servicing and picks them up when ready.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Experience of 1 ¬- 2 years progressive experience in a Transportation Firm
• Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Transportation and Logistics
• Must have completed an approved training program resulting in a certification of satisfactory completion in Corrections, Law Enforcement,
• Passing a company and Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol test.
• Ability to work overtime frequently.
• Ability to travel extended periods of time with frequent overnight stays.
• Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
• Must be able to regularly report to work without being late.
• Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned.
• Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period.
• Must be mature, flexible, and able to command the respect and confidence of inmates or detainees and staff, philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility, and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
• Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Skills and Qualifications
|Job Ref: JOB5123||Years of Experience: 1-17|
|Job Location: Dar es Salaam,Tanzania||Residence Location:|
|Company Industry: Transportation||Gender: Unspecified|
|Job Role: Management||Nationality: Unspecified|
|Employment Status: Full Time||Education: Higher/Advanced diploma|
|Employment Type: Employee|
|Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified|
|Number of Vacancies: 2|